Main Menu

Wii U - did anyone actually bother getting one?

Started by shaolin_monkey, 01 October, 2013, 10:22:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Link Prime

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 03 July, 2014, 12:41:27 PMBut one more time: £85!!!

How much are new ones do you know?
Surely less than that.

Tiplodocus

Well, they don't actively sell new ones. But the bloke on the phone said the cost of getting a new one would be £85. (Quelle suprise!).

I don't really want a new one because it's the rather cool Zeldafied Gamepad.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Link Prime

It never occurred to me that they wouldn't stock replacement game-pads...bit of an annoyance for anyone who drops & breaks the unwieldy brick!

I'd go for the repair if I had the Zelda one too. But yeah- bloody expensive.

JamesC

I guess if you bought a new one you could just swap the outer casing.

James Stacey

shaolin_monkey

The Enigmatic Dr X

Lock up your spoons!

Satanist

For all you Smash Bros fans yet to take the plunge theres a Wii-U pack incoming with console and game AND a lead that lets you use Gamecube controllers - release date 05/12/14. I think thats the pack I'll be getting Santas bringing.

Already got them Disney Infinity 2.0 and Zombi-U. Just need to pick up Mario Kart and spare controller and that bundle then Xmas is sorted.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

TordelBack

Quote from: Satanist on 09 October, 2014, 02:54:20 PM
Already got them Disney Infinity 2.0 and Zombi-U. Just need to pick up Mario Kart and spare controller and that bundle then Xmas is sorted.

Thinking along these very lines myself, money permitting.  The Wii has been so good to us over the past 3 or 4 years that I have very few qualms about getting the Wii U... at least not until Tips' scared me with his £85 horror story!

JamesC

If you don't mind pre-owned there are some very good deals on Wii U games at the moment. I picked up Arkham City, Zombii U and Sonic Racing for £24 the other day.
Also, Mario Kart 8 supports standard Wiimote controllers.

Edit - forgot to say - you can pick up Ninja Gaiden 3 for less than £10 new. I'd highly recommend it if you like the old 2d Ninja Gaiden games (or similar). It has no depth and the graphics are like something from a 10 year old arcade game but it's great fun and a bargain (not suitable for young kids though).

The Enigmatic Dr X

Lock up your spoons!

The Enigmatic Dr X

For all you Smash Bros fans yet to take the plunge theres a Wii-U pack incoming with console and game AND a lead that lets you use Gamecube controllers - release date 05/12/14. I think thats the pack I'll be getting Santas bringing.

I'll take your punk ass down on Mario Kart.

Also: buy Moster Hunter

Also: I love my Wii U and have played it more in the last 12 months than my Xbox
Lock up your spoons!

JamesC

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 09 October, 2014, 05:56:48 PM
James

Where did you get them?

That was in Game. They have the Mario Kart 8 strategy guide for £10 too (new).
Also, Toys R Us have Injustice: Gods Among Us for £12.99 new and NBA2K13 for £5.00 if sports games are your thing.

Apestrife

Just played the demo of Bayonetta2 on wiiu and I can't wait till I get the full game! Damn it's good, and doesn't get worse that Bayonetta 1 comes with it :D !!!

Tiplodocus

Quote from: TordelBack on 09 October, 2014, 04:35:31 PM

Thinking along these very lines myself, money permitting.  The Wii has been so good to us over the past 3 or 4 years that I have very few qualms about getting the Wii U... at least not until Tips' scared me with his £85 horror story!

Sorry about that. But you should be safe prividing you don't have anybody in the house that is daft enough to repeatedly put the Gamepad on the floor and stand up while he has mobile phones and zippo lighters still in his lap.

I second the Bayonetta 2 demo is awesome; I am shite at those kinds of games but an Edge 10 made me rethink. Normally after seeing a curvy woman disllay flesh on a telly screen, my wrists ache for a different eeason.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!