Main Menu

The 2000 AD Thrill-Cast - the official podcast of the Galaxy's Greatest Comic!

Started by Molch-R, 22 January, 2015, 10:38:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Citi-Def_Joe

The thrillcast is one of the things that has got me "back" to being a regular 2000ad reader/fan, I have just finished listening to the latest episode and it is fantastic stuff as always and especially the in depth interview with one of my all time favourites Garth Ennis , particularly as he can occasionally be a bit spikey and critical/dismissive of his own work on 2000ad, its great to hear him  go in to detailgreat stuff Molch-R

Molch-R

Quote from: Citi-Def_Joe on 14 October, 2015, 04:52:39 PM
The thrillcast is one of the things that has got me "back" to being a regular 2000ad reader/fan, I have just finished listening to the latest episode and it is fantastic stuff as always and especially the in depth interview with one of my all time favourites Garth Ennis , particularly as he can occasionally be a bit spikey and critical/dismissive of his own work on 2000ad, its great to hear him  go in to detailgreat stuff Molch-R

Great to hear it! Glad you're enjoying the podcast and many thanks for the kind words.

Apestrife

Latest podcast was a blast. My fav. as of yet. Thank you very much Molch-R!

Btw, the (--cold) British Batman voice sounded awesome ;)

robert_ellis

Really strong podcast. Love that 2000ad doesn't tow a company line but enjoys it's flaws. Garth's breakdowns of the Mega Epics was insightful - I too loved City of the Damned, even if I don't agree with him about Oz. Keep up the excellent work!

Molch-R

Fungus

A great listen, Ennis came across very well and far more modest than he has any right to be. The thrillcast gets better and better.

And as for the interloper heard to shout 'Are You Ed?' early in the proceedings ('Um, no'), I felt he was probably mistaking Tharg's PR droid for this guy.

Molch-R

To celebrate the imminent release of Dan Dare: The 2000 AD Vol. 1 we talk to Pat Mills and Dave Gibbons about 2000 AD's reboot of this venerable British character, which began in the first Prog in 1977! Pat discusses the battles getting the strip right and Massimo Bellardineli's staggering artwork, while Dave reveals how his childhood love for Dare filtered into his work on the series!

http://www.2000adonline.com/news/28-10-2015/patmillsanddavegibbonschatdandareonthe2000adpodcast/

Quote from: Fungus on 17 October, 2015, 05:58:08 PM
And as for the interloper heard to shout 'Are You Ed?' early in the proceedings ('Um, no'), I felt he was probably mistaking Tharg's PR droid for this guy.

Blimey, it's uncanny!

Colin YNWA

Well I'm behind on my homework again, having just listened to the Garth Enniskillen interview. Have to say it was great, insightful and interesting stuff. Garth Enniskillen always comes across as a really straightforward honest individual. The only down side was I kept wanting someone to take Molch-R off so he could get some rest, the poor DROID sounded so poorly!

Hawkmumbler

I've been listening to the Thrill cast a lot recently. The Ye-Owl two parter was particularly delightful (yeah, playing quite the game of catch up). Keep recording and I'll keep listening, Molch-R.

Citi-Def_Joe

I have no ties to Dan Dare no real connection aside from a few strips I read as a pre teen and no knowledge of the 2000ad era at all prior to this so this episode had it work cut out but once again Thrillcast delights, hearing Pat Mills and Dave Gibbons talk with so much affection and passion really brought it to life and made me want to know and read more. Mission accomplished Molch-R, great stuff.

Jamie1000013

Just ordered Dan Dare after reading a bit of it in FCBD prog and enjoying it, and then hearing about the Hardback collection on the Thrillcast.

Would like some Thrillcasts tailored around the mega collection as I would like to hear Molch-R and others opinions on some volumes like Simping Detective which I am really enjoying and also Dead Man after hearing Simon Pegg saying he enjoyed it. Also hearing about current and upcoming prog and Meg stories would be cool.

Molch-R

Got a 2000 AD question only Tharg can answer? Email your query to thrillcast@2000ADonline.com for our new podcast feature 'Ask Tharg' - we'll select the best questions to put to The Mighty One!

robert_ellis

Great "Behind the Scenes" podcast. Really interesting - I wasn't really looking forward to it but it was good. Lovely to hear the owner of Rebellion talking candidly about the computer game industry.

abelardsnazz

Really enjoying the thrill-casts, they're a great insight into the creative process at the Galaxy's Greatest. Just listened to the latest one, an extra bonus hearing the voice of Tharg himself! Can't wait to see Future Shock.

ming

Yeah, I've been loving these to bits.  The only thing that made me somewhat sad was the realisation, provided by one episode, that I don't get to go to work and greet people with 'Borag Thungg'.  Maybe I should just start anyway.  :lol: