Main Menu

The readers letters page records/database

Started by NigelBelbin, 26 January, 2015, 12:24:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NigelBelbin

hello all :)
Thanks to the wonders of Google I did find a web site run by the official (?) keeper of the database of readers letters submissions but could not fin a way of finding information on that site. I did also find an old thread about the Oracle / keeper of the database hanging out on here so I was hoping he could tell me which issue I had my one and only letter to 2000AD published (pretty please).
I wrote a 2 page letter/creative grovel way back in 1977 and I seem to remember they published about 1 paragraph of it :) I'm pretty sure it wasn't letter of the week and only received £2 rather than groats

ZenArcade

Buttonman sits rapt at his desk, pen clenched between teeth; steely gaze and furrowed brow: scrolling, scrolling....wait! Got it!! Posting to follow. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

Colin YNWA

Can't imagine why anyone would keep that type of information on such a...

... he does...

... really...

Wow...

... someone will be along shortly to answer your question...

...what...

...with glee apparently.

I, Cosh

Quote from: NigelBelbin on 26 January, 2015, 12:24:59 PM
... a web site run by the official (?) keeper of the database of readers letters submissions ...
AH HA HA HA HA!

PS I'm not laughing at you Nigel.
We never really die.

Satanist

Man who appears on many an official list is unofficial keeper of list shocker!

More on page 7.
Hmm, just pretend I wrote something witty eh?

Link Prime

And why has Lettersentertainyou disappeared...?  :'(

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: Link Prime on 26 January, 2015, 01:48:12 PM
And why has Lettersentertainyou disappeared...?  :'(

ASBO from the Gestapo moderators
Lock up your spoons!

Buttonman

Splutter! I am here. Yes I am the Official (I have a hat and everything) keeper of The Beast the database of all things reader content - drawings, jokes, letters, paragraphs you name it. All will agree the Beast has never been beaten on any matters letters/content related.

I'll just fire it up now. Whirrrrrr....ping. Data Imput ...Nigel...1977...

Ping!

NIGEL TOMPKINS           RADLETT            14
NIGEL COLE                   CUFFLEY           72
NIGEL DUTTON                   ANGLESEY     99
NIGEL TUNSTALL           BOURNEMOUTH   160
NIGEL GAINSBOROUGH   DULWICH           172
NIGEL HANDLEY                   BURRINGHAM   176
NIGEL CHADWICK           MAIDENHEAD   182
NIGEL KILMINSTER           BRISTOL           208
NIGEL BRIGGS                   PRESCOT           222
NIGEL HOLMES                   BROMLEY           250
NIGEL HUTTON                   BIRMINGHAM   253

Not seeing any Belbins - is that the name you went by then? If you could advise a post town too the Beast will have another chomp at the data.

Buttonman

Proudhuff

Don't feed the Buttman! He's only just of his last Offenders Listing.
DDT did a job on me

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

AlexF

I want to feed the Buttonman. I'm sure in the past you have revealed the top 10 letter contributors across 2000AD and the Megazine (as in, the people wot have had their letters published the most often). Is this information still publicly available somewhere?

Buttonman

At last some sense from AlexF - are you named after that song Axel F?

I haven't tallied, er, the Beast hasn't spewed out ant detailed data for a while - mainly because someone was running away with it an upsetting everyone else! Dr Rch from Colwyn Bay is setting it alight at the moment but he's got a way to go with a piddling 11. The last chart created looks like this :

This is about 10 years out of date as the chap in second place now has 87 - I will update when I get a chance!

Link Prime

Quote from: Buttonman on 28 January, 2015, 08:27:02 PM
the chap in second place now has 87

Your time is coming, old man, your time is coming.

Buttonman

At the present rate of exchange your 28 will overhaul my 87 in about 60 years, provided I stop writing. One a year for each of the last 4 years isn't cutting it!