Main Menu

Ace Trucking Volume 1 - Reprint

Started by vedek, 11 August, 2015, 08:21:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vedek

After getting that warm fuzzy feeling reading the 'summer special' this year (took me right back to the 80's you know)......and enjoying the trip down memory lane that was Ace Trucking Co, is there ANY chance of a Rebellion reprint of Volume 1? Currently available from £70-£300 depending on where you try to pick this up which would appear ridiculous. Sorry, but the digital don't do it for me so looking for a hard printed copy. What chances that.......or PM me if you want to flog one at a reasonable, non rip-off price!

Dandontdare

Quote from: vedek on 11 August, 2015, 08:21:55 PM
Currently available from £70-£300 depending on where you try to pick this up which would appear ridiculous.

Found quite a few cheaper listings on Google, but they were places like book depository and forbidden planet, who often list stuff and then tell you it isn't actually available at the final stage of he ordering process (grrr)

Can't beleive it's so expensive - wish I'd bought one now so I could flog it!

Proudhuff

I think I had this kicking about undefoot for years, must send Nestor downstairs to have a peek in to overspill library!
DDT did a job on me

blackmocco

I paid a rip-off price. Love the early strips way too much to let that stop me.
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

japandroid

It would be cheaper and cooler to buy all the progs, cut them out and staple them together. You could have all the covers breaking up the strips and the first one as the cover. Think I might do it myself, reckon I might do it for the Cursed Earth too!!

Fungus

While I doubt buying all the progs is genuinely cheaper than 70 quid, that kind of initiative floats my lug. What you've created by the end is kinda priceless (depending on how soppy you're feeling at the time). Or: go the scanning route and treat yourself to a lovely glossy version?

I seem to recall someone here stuck their Zenith episodes together. Any examples (pics) of this kind of thing available?

japandroid

I still reckon it would be cheaper. You only need rough condition and all the progs they are in are ebay fodder even in high grade. £30 would get you the lot. I would really like an Inferno one as well, it only had one cover but a Gibbons classic so good enough.

sheridan

Quote from: japandroid on 10 October, 2015, 12:59:04 PM
It would be cheaper and cooler to buy all the progs, cut them out and staple them together. You could have all the covers breaking up the strips and the first one as the cover. Think I might do it myself, reckon I might do it for the Cursed Earth too!!

Exactly what I was going to say - £300 for a reprint!  Though I'd never be able to bring myself to take scissors to prog!

japandroid

Yeah, a friend of mine asked to buy some of my old UK Marvels and I said he could have a load for free as they weren't in great nick. A few weeks later I went round his house and his kids furniture and doors were covered in them!

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: japandroid on 10 October, 2015, 07:46:24 PM
Yeah, a friend of mine asked to buy some of my old UK Marvels and I said he could have a load for free as they weren't in great nick. A few weeks later I went round his house and his kids furniture and doors were covered in them!
Oh I fuckin' HATE bollocks like this. Utterly wasteful of good entertainment (providing their was some Captain Britain or Deaths Head in their...) and looks naff as well. Binder or bin i'm afraid. Or a careful second owner.

Colin YNWA

I was quite chuffed when I went to a friends house and his kids had used some of the comics I'd given them to decorate their downstairs toilet. They'd read them, enjoyed them and then found a further use for them. I loved it.