Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Forthcoming Thrills 2017  (Read 10634 times)

Dash Decent

• Evil Cyborg
    • View Profile
Re: Forthcoming Thrills 2017
« Reply #45 on: 11 January, 2017, 12:32:53 pm »
40th Anniversary Special

"To celebrate an incredible four decades of continuous weekly publication, 2000 AD marks its 40th birthday with a 48-page bumper special, packed with all-new stories from the cream of comics talent.

"There’s a brand-new case for Judge Dredd courtesy of John Wagner and Steve Dillon; Hammerstein and Ro-Jaws take their revenge on Howard Quartz in ‘Ro-Busters’ by Pat Mills and Clint Langley; we return to the mad, mad world of Zombo by Al Ewing and Henry Flint; Nikolai Dante gets the party started in ‘Devil May Care’ by Robbie Morrison and Simon Fraser; a young Slaine shows that he’s got what it takes to join the Red Branch, courtesy of Pat Mills and Simon Davis; plus much more!"

And look!  Carlos Ezquerra has even drawn some dots around the guns for us!

I, Cosh

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 11 January, 2017, 01:13:52 pm »
There’s a brand-new case for Judge Dredd courtesy of John Wagner and Steve Dillon
Wow!
You should not drink and bake.

Molch-R

• Super Moderator
  • Posting Machine
  • PR droid for 2000 AD
    • View Profile
    • 2000 AD
« Reply #47 on: 11 January, 2017, 01:30:23 pm »
There’s a brand-new case for Judge Dredd courtesy of John Wagner and Steve Dillon
Wow!

FP's listing is out of date - Steve sadly passed away before he could start work on the strip. I believe it's now being drawn by Carl Critchlow.

blixab

• Sentient Tea Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 11 January, 2017, 05:57:54 pm »
Very sad that there won't be a postumous strip.

How many variant covers are planned for this 40th Anniversary Special or will it just be the one?

IndigoPrime

• Administrator
  • Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
    • http://www.snubcommunications.com
« Reply #49 on: 11 January, 2017, 07:46:23 pm »
I somehow entirely missed Complete Future Shocks. Oh my. I so hope that gets enough purchases to warrant an ongoing collection.

Richard

• Posting Machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: 11 January, 2017, 08:20:12 pm »
My nomination for a future reprint is Third World War from Crisis. (First book only.)

Link Prime

• Battle Hardened War Robot
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 11 January, 2017, 08:22:14 pm »
40th Anniversary Special

"To celebrate an incredible four decades of continuous weekly publication, 2000 AD marks its 40th birthday with a 48-page bumper special, packed with all-new stories from the cream of comics talent.

"There’s a brand-new case for Judge Dredd courtesy of John Wagner and Steve Dillon; Hammerstein and Ro-Jaws take their revenge on Howard Quartz in ‘Ro-Busters’ by Pat Mills and Clint Langley; we return to the mad, mad world of Zombo by Al Ewing and Henry Flint; Nikolai Dante gets the party started in ‘Devil May Care’ by Robbie Morrison and Simon Fraser; a young Slaine shows that he’s got what it takes to join the Red Branch, courtesy of Pat Mills and Simon Davis; plus much more!"

And look!  Carlos Ezquerra has even drawn some dots around the guns for us!

Sounds amazing.

A damn shame Steve Dillon never had the chance to contribute as planned.
Can I take a stab in the dark that the story will feature the return / final appearance of Judge Prager?
The Critchlow Droid was the only other artist to draw that character, and it just feels like something TMO would do.

Colin YNWA

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 11 January, 2017, 08:57:12 pm »
My nomination for a future reprint is Third World War from Crisis. (First book only.)

Careful what you wish for...

Rogue Judge

• Sentient Tea Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 11 January, 2017, 09:41:43 pm »
In another thread I was discussing my desire to read Alan Moors collection of future shocks, however, the Complete Future Shocks might me a more worthwhile investment.

IndigoPrime

• Administrator
  • Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
    • http://www.snubcommunications.com
« Reply #54 on: 11 January, 2017, 10:03:24 pm »
The Alan Moore book is superb, and it's notable that a lot of it includes Time Twisters, too. (I suppose they might be in the FS volume, but who knows?)

The Monarch

• Undercover
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 11 January, 2017, 10:56:39 pm »
Huh it never occured to me rebellion outright owns tornado and starlord now and not just the stuff that merged into the prog. I am slow xd

O Lucky Stevie!

• Evil Cyborg
  • Walks like an Eloi. Talks like a Morlock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 12 January, 2017, 11:11:03 pm »
So we can assume that the Mind Wars, Timequake & Starlord Stront in colour collections are scheduled for the 40th anniversary of Tooth’s sister comic in 2018 then?  ;)

"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"

Rogue Judge

• Sentient Tea Bot
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 12 January, 2017, 11:33:18 pm »
The Alan Moore book is superb, and it's notable that a lot of it includes Time Twisters, too. (I suppose they might be in the FS volume, but who knows?)

Considering I have little experience with FS and comments like yours, I think I'll get the Alan Moore book to begin with - thanks. I have not heard of Time Twisters, although I assume they are similar to FS if they are included.

Regarding that Starlord cover above, what kind of badge did it come with? If I was a lad in the late 70's that would have been very enticing!

sheridan

• Evil Cyborg
    • View Profile
    • Wilde Wood
« Reply #58 on: 13 January, 2017, 08:22:35 am »

Considering I have little experience with FS and comments like yours, I think I'll get the Alan Moore book to begin with - thanks. I have not heard of Time Twisters, although I assume they are similar to FS if they are included.

Regarding that Starlord cover above, what kind of badge did it come with? If I was a lad in the late 70's that would have been very enticing!

My copy doesn't have a badge, but I believe they had one of six types of sticker, each depicting a different regiment of starlord troopers.

With artwork by Kevin O'Neill, by the looks of it.

SuperSurfer

• View Profile
    • Blog of the Surfer
« Reply #59 on: 13 January, 2017, 02:06:42 pm »
My copy doesn't have a badge, but I believe they had one of six types of sticker, each depicting a different regiment of starlord troopers.

With artwork by Kevin O'Neill, by the looks of it.

So obviously by Kevin O'Neill.

I think that somehow I ended up with two of these. Robot regiment and Tank Commander. I drove over one with an armchair so it's a bit battered.