Main Menu

Whatever happened to... Kevin Cullen

Started by Dudley, 22 March, 2004, 08:14:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudley

Anyone know where Kevin Cullen, creator of Creep, is now?  I used to love his B&W tales, especially the first Creep story and the Hershey streetwalker one.

Feel free to add your own "where are they now"s...

Trout

Where are they now: KP Nutsters?

Also, I wish Brendan McCarthy would come back and give us just one more Dredd strip.

But I know where he is. He's earn tons of money doing design work now.

- Trout

Jared Katooie

Scripting eastenders wasn't he?

No lie, eastenders.

Trout

No, that's Si Spencer, the Creep writer and former editor of Deadline.

Cullen was the artist.

- Trout

Dunk!

If the copyright could be sorted out a book of Brendan McCarthy's design work would be a treat.

Have all ex-2000ad artists moved into computer games, computer animation, or film design. Is there one soul out there who's carved his own unique path?

(Not that i wouldn't give my left nut to do film design)
"Trust we"

Jared Katooie

Trout

That's him.

But we still have the original question.

Where is he now?

- Trout

Dudley

That's the fella.  I notice they've got no further than I did.

Where is he now?

Trout

Yes, where is he now?

Where?

WHERE?

We demand to know.

- Trout

chimp

Wouldn't mind seeing what Nigel Dobbyn is up to now, his version of Dredd in Red Razors was excellent (nothing much else positive to say about the story though), what's he done since Sonic folded? SMS, Mike White (used to love his stuff) and David Hine's whereabouts would be welcome too.

Trout

Nigel Dobbyn was at last year's Moniaive Comics Festival.

Predictably, I will again mention he looks exactly like Arthur Wyatt.

- Trout

GordonR

>>If the copyright could be sorted out a book of Brendan McCarthy's design work would be a treat.

Amazingly...

I was in the 2000AD office less than 2 weeks ago, and, there sitting on Tharg's desk, was a big chunky full-colour book crammed full of Brendan's weird and wonderful creations, comics and otherwise.

Brendan's self-publishing it himself, I believe, it's got nothing to do with 2000AD (so don't go pestering them for copies; I think he sent them one as a thanks for giving him permission to use som eof his old 2000AD stuff in the book) and there's no mention of it anywhere, so I don't thinbk it's actually been published yet.

Trout

Wow!

That's just made my day!

If anyone hears how to get hold of it, please post it on the board.

- Trout

Dunk!

McCarthy Rosche? Sir, yew r really spoilink us.

Anyone with any more info please post ASAP.
"Trust we"

Emperor

Quote from: Dudley on 22 March, 2004, 08:14:47 PM
Anyone know where Kevin Cullen, creator of Creep, is now?  I used to love his B&W tales, especially the first Creep story and the Hershey streetwalker one.

Feel free to add your own "where are they now"s...

Only 8 years later, GNR has tracked him down:

QuoteRemember my post last year about 'Whatever Happened to Kevin Cullen?', well I was contacted by Kevin's son, Jack, and hopefully sometime very soon I will be writing a post telling you whatever did happen to Kevin Cullen. But in the meanwhile you might want to check out some of the art Jack has for sale from his Dad's time at 2000ad. He has around 50 pages of fantastic art including Judge Dredd, Judge Hershey, The Creep, Vector 13 and more. If you are interested in owning a piece of original Kevin Cullen art and you'd like to see the full list drop me a message or contact Jack directly on jack-cullen@live.com

http://gnreid.blogspot.co.uk/2012/04/art-sale-of-kevin-cullen.html

[edit: And made this thread specific to Cullen. If anyone wants to know about another droid then start a thread.]
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+