Main Menu

Cancel my subscription!

Started by fred, 15 May, 2004, 07:52:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred

Right, that's it, i've had enough! I was going to do the gentlemanly thing and keep quiet about it, but since the fiasco has turned into a farce i've thought sod it, it's about time i spoke my mind, got something off my chest, and let you guys know what's going on.

I've had enough of the shoddy service that the subscription department offers. And to be quite frank, since the quality of the artwork and stories has declined, it ain't worth the hassle. I'd rather spend my money on something more worthwhile, something that has consistent quality artwork and intelligent writing.

I got in touch with 2000AD via email, and the following email saga has evolved between myself and 2000AD and their lack lustre subscription department:

To: publicrelations@2000adonline.com
Sent: Monday, April 26, 2004 11:48 PM
Subject: cancel my subscription

Hello,
    Once again the subs department have screwed up. Don't ask me just how many times, because I've lost count. On this occassion, I should of received either 2 copies of the latest Megazine with the different covers, or 1 copy with the 2 different covers, i'm not sure which. I have received only the one copy with one cover. Not that i'm all that bothered really as both covers look virtually the same, and I regard this as a blatant marketing ploy and an insult to the intelligence and loyalty of a 2000AD reader.
    Also, the artwork and story within are, quite frankly, terrible and below an acceptable standard. How the hell you let John Ridgeway get away with submitting, let alone printing, his cut and paste artwork goes beyond me. A child could of done better with the stickers you get free inside, and the printed scene on the reverse, of a breakfast cereal box. It would also be alot more fun.
    There is also the regurgitation of old characters and stories, stories that don't excite and make me yearn for more. There was a time when after finishing my 2000AD I would really look forward to the next issue. But alas those times have gone. 2000AD has become bland and boring.    
    So i'm off to spend my money and be stimulated elsewhere. So could you please cancel my subsciption.

Yours,
David Senior

To: fred
Sent: Tuesday, April 27, 2004 11:17 AM
Subject: 2000AD subscription department

Hi David,

Your complaint has just been passed on to me for my attention from our head office. I am sorry that you have been dissapointed with our service. I have always tried to deal with any complaint as quickly and efficiently as I can. You should have informed me that you only received one cover on your Megazine and I would have sent you a replacement immediately. At the time this particular prog was mailed out I, or the warehouse staff, was not aware that there were some copies that only contained one cover. I have only had two other customers call in with the same problem.  As far as we were aware they should have all been double cover issues.

I will now cancel your subscriptions, as requested.

Regards

Denise
for Rebellion Subscriptions

To: Spock
Sent: Tuesday, April 27, 2004 6:17 PM
Subject: Re: 2000AD subscription department

Hello Denise,
    It doesn't matter if the complaint is dealt with as quickly and efficiently as possible, (which i acknowledge and thank you for), that is not the problem. The crux of the problem is that there have been to many problems where there shouldn't of been any, problems arising from a distinctly shabby service resulting from staff that can't complete the basic of tasks, ie., putting the right item in an envelope. If your staff can't get that right, then quite frankly they are either taking the piss or are severly mentally retarded. Either which way, I am not going to pay for this shoddy service, and for what has become an equally shoddy publication.
    May I also remind you that I still await the correct copy of Megazine 218.

Yours
David Senior

To: David John Senior
Sent: Wednesday, April 28, 2004 8:37 AM

Hi,

Just to confirm that you will receive 2000AD up to prog 1391 and JD Megazine 219 as you have already paid for May. Your subscription will  end after these issues.  Megazine 218 is on it's way.

Regards

Denise

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Monday, May 10, 2004 11:02 PM

Hello Denise,
    I have just checked my bank statement and noticed that ?10.95 was debited by yourselves on 7th May. Just when is the cancellation of my subscription supposed to take effect?

Yours,
David Senior

To: David John Senior
Sent: Tuesday, May 11, 2004 8:05 AM

Hi,

As stated in my previous email, the money for May had already gone through our automative banking system so I told you that your last progs would be  1391 and 219. All further payments have been cancelled.

Regards

Denise

Cc: publicrelations@2000adonline.com
Sent: Saturday, May 15, 2004 1:05 PM

So where's prog 1389 then? It hasn't turned up yet. And last weeks was also late. It didn't arrive untill friday. Am I being deliberately mucked about because I have chosen to cancel my subscription or is my criticism of your service true?

Yours
David Senior

Cc to publicrelations@2000adonline.com

So there you have it.
I'm quite curious to see the reply to my last email and see what excuse they have for the latest issue being so late.

Now, am I the only one to suffer? is this an isolated case of freak occurance, or are there other people out there suffering the same dilemma?

Incidentially, i've recently read Preacher, and i've started reading The Punisher and Watchmen. Fantastic stuff, that unfortunately puts 2000Ad to shame.

Yours departingly.
fred

VampiraJen

oh my god, you're doing an RC.............

Max Kon

Banners

Sorry, but I think Denise comes out of that e-mail exchange with far more credit that you do.

I think you'll find that occasionally, these things happen. Indeed, only last week I didn't receive #1388, but a quick e-mail to Subs and a replacement arrived promptly in its place. I also think you'll find that most boarders have had any of their subs problems sorted in a similarly efficient manner.

Being confrontational doesn't help things, and posting it on here only risks making you look like an arse.

M@

VampiraJen

it just seems to me like you're making a mountain out of a mole hill....so you didn't get two covers, so your progs late, you think 2000ad's shit....take it like a man, life isn't a sodding soap opera.  you are giving this person too much grief for problems that may have been out of her control, take a chill pill and relax.....

Max Kon

risks making you look like an arse

i does make him look an arse

fred

I am not a heretic.
I'm just not a soft stupid twat who lets people walk all over him.

Now go and build me a shrubbery.

fred

Bolt-01

So long Fred, take care.

Myself, I have always been happy with the subs service, but I have yet to have a problem.

Bolt-01

test 4 echo

sorry to see your cancelling but your emails seemed a bit harsh, and the responses you got looked to be sympathetic and polite. never had much trouble with subs myself. one prog went amiss and subs mailed a replacement. not sure your being entirely fair blaming them for your prog arriving late, that probably has more to do with your local post service or postie himself.

VampiraJen

I am not a heretic.
I'm just not a soft stupid twat who lets people walk all over him.

but you are someone who thinks it's okay to plaster e-mail discussions on a message board.....do you think we're gonna go 'boo hoo, poor you'......?  no one was walking over you, you've made up this confrontation in your mind, denise has responded in a calm and orderly fashion while you have acted like a stupid twat when what  she really should have done was told you to fuck off.

W. R. Logan

>I'd rather spend my money on something more worthwhile, something that has consistent quality artwork and intelligent writing.

You could always try "Striker"

La Placa Rifa,
W. R. Logan.

Leigh S

I would expect almost all missing or late pogs are down to the postal service before the subs people - don't confuse your annoyance with the delivery and your annoyance with the content... If you genuinely and consistently dont enjoy 2000AD and the Meg then fair enough, but its always a shame to see a reader go - especially when prog 1400 (and the current run) promise good things.

The Amstor Computer

Not going to talk about the quality of 2000AD -  that's a whole other topic - but I've got nothing but praise for the Rebellion subs department. On the very rare occasion that there is a problem with my sub, they've always been helpful and quick to sort it out - and even when I was living overseas, the service was equally good.

Looking over your emails to Denise, I'd have to agree with mbanners - she's dealt with your complaints politely & promptly, something I'd have had trouble doing if you'd accused my workmates of being "severely mentally retarded". You also seem to have mistaken not being walked over with being a rude twat.

Max Kon

I got meg 214 with a huge tear across the front. Even though the bag was un damaged. I rang up the subs department told them what happened, and they sent a new one. no questions asked.

Also after the postal strike a prog was delayed over a month. I rang them 2 weeks before it reached me. They sent a new one and said not to worry if i got the first one.

-=>DEMONIZER<=-

It's OK to expect service and quality for your money.

And it's fine to complain when you feel you don't get it.

But since you've put this up here for consumption... I'd say a little too harsh choice of words in staff-critisism and suggesting mental retardation.

Is the title of Galaxy's Greatest under pressure?