Main Menu

Si Bisley on Hellblazer

Started by flip-r mk2, 19 June, 2009, 12:42:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThryllSeekyr

Do you think it's a coinincidence that Glenn Fabry used to do the Hellblazer covers?

House of Usher

I saw a bloke who looked a bit like Simon Bisley today on the District Line. But I don't think it was actually him. Sorry for mentioning it.

:-[
STRIKE !!!

Mattofthespurs

Just finished reading issue #260 "The Long Crap Friday".
Brilliant stuff. Art and writing top notch.

Richmond Clements

My opinions on Bisley and his art are well know, but I have to say that his work on this book is some of the best I've ever seen from him.
It proves he can do it when he wants to!

Mike Gloady

Which makes all the overblown muscly Iron Maiden roadies that populate his work otherwise all the more annoying.  Proof, finally, that the man can draw as well as he could on The Black Hole.  Someone should take his paints off him, he's SO much better with a pen.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

I, Cosh

After two issues of lovely interior art, the new issue (261) has an absolutely spiffing Bisley cover. Possibly because it's of a fucking great monster rather than an angular person walking down the street. To be honest, I hadn't been too impressed with Milligan's take so far but, again, this issue is a bit of a blinder. Everything's brighter, more interesting, more vibrant and more vaguely reminiscent of Rogan Josh.

Nice one.
We never really die.

Trout

Yeah, I'm liking the art, too. Sadly, I'm finding the story a bit dull but Hellblazer's one of those comics you have to read a few of in one go. I'll get to it.

- Trout

Mike Gloady

I read the first of his trades, "Scab" the other day.  I was surprised at how good it was.  It's not Delano/Ennis/Campbell/Jenkins/Ellis/Azarello/Carey/Diggle standard in my book, but at least it's not as bad as the scottish woman's stuff (which, to be fair, wasn't completely dreadful - just not that great, which was a surprise as Constantine's only ever had a few bad writers - and most of them didn't do much).

As you say, Trout, Constantine works best in a run of issues.  Which is the reason I usually wait for the trades.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

TordelBack

Hmm, I'm generally not a great fan of Bisley, but I thought he did a really great job on 260 - seems like he can still genuinely deliver.  

The story in 261, however... I know it's only the first part, but Miligan's "look, it's India!" stuff was horribly heavy handed.  The Mumbai cops' expository dialogue reminded me of nothing more than Spiderman in Belfast.  Bit of a let down after the skin-eating goodness of recent months.

flip-r mk2

In this  new 2-part storyline, Constantine
reluctantly becomes embroiled in a group of
anarcho punks who worship a powerful effigy of
Sid Vicious. Complicating matters further is an
alchemist and a violent group of extreme
political fixers. Featuring guest Art by Simon Bisley!

Although not on sale until March.

filip
It's all right, that's in every contract.
That's what they call a sanity clause.
You can't fool me, there ain't no sanity clause.

http://flip-r.deviantart.com/

http://forflipssake.blogspot.com

http://weeklythemedartblog.blogspot.com/

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana