Main Menu

How old were you when you started reading 2000AD?

Started by Tiplodocus, 19 October, 2009, 12:17:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How old were you when you started reading 2000AD?

5-8
23 (35.9%)
9-12
24 (37.5%)
13-16
10 (15.6%)
17-20
2 (3.1%)
20+
5 (7.8%)

Total Members Voted: 64

Tiplodocus

As Jim requested.

I'm just going upstairs to shun that hot redhead from CSI.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

COMMANDO FORCES

COMMANDO FORCES

Here's how I started (quickly)
Born 67, worked as a paper boy in my local paper shop and when the first issue came in I bought it out of my wages. 8p for a prog full of Thrills, you couldn't go wrong.

Roger Godpleton

17. I started in 2003. Whilst others were getting high and/or laid I was discovering the joys of Dead Men Walking, Synnamon and Judge Dredd: Meatmonger. I think I made the right decision.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

Roger Godpleton

Goddamnit I pushed the wrong button. This is all your fault you racist racist.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

flip-r mk2

Prog 1 waaaaaaay back in 77 I remember seeing the ad on the telly and MACH 1 attracting my attention because of the similarity to the six million dollar man .

filip
It's all right, that's in every contract.
That's what they call a sanity clause.
You can't fool me, there ain't no sanity clause.

http://flip-r.deviantart.com/

http://forflipssake.blogspot.com

http://weeklythemedartblog.blogspot.com/

Time flies like an arrow, Fruit flies like a banana

COMMANDO FORCES

Quote from: Roger Godpleton on 19 October, 2009, 12:37:02 AM
Goddamnit I pushed the wrong button.

I thought it seemed strange as there was no vote in that age group. You've just ruined the whole poll, why don't you go sit in a corner and stop messing about. All the results will mean nothing now and it's just wasted Tiplodocus's efforts ;)

maryanddavid

I was officially 10 when I bought my first Prog, because my brother was too embarresed to get it from the local newsagents, I think he fancied the girl in the shop or something like that.
I had been reading it since I can remember, but cant put a year on it, but my earliest memories are of Zog and Ursa(sp?) drinking Mac Mac on a poster, my older brother possibly had it on the wall.

David

Peter Wolf

Aged 10 or thereabouts in 1977 when i bought either prog 1 or 3 in a newsagents in Reigate in Surrey when i was the given the sum of 1 pound to spend on whatever in the newsagents.I picked up the comic quite by chance and it caught my eye and i instantly had to buy it after i saw the colored Dan Dare/Belardinelli centrespreads.Love at first sight it was.

I wasnt really into comics otherwise.
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Emperor

I was 6. My local newsagent was the distributor for the area (I think) and always had discounted comics for 1p (rather then return them I assume). I picked up those early Star Wars reprints for example. I also stumbled across 2000AD prog 1 and that damn Space Spinner sucked me in, unfortunately my folks thought it was too violent so binned the actual issue. When I lost the Space Spinner I got a new prog 1, which got binned again. I think I must have gone through half a dozen of them in the end. I started reading full-time around prog 100 and never looked back, although it turns out if I'd looked under the washing machine I'd have found a Space Spinner.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

SuperSurfer

Eleven years old with prog 1. My brother and cousin also bought it. Was a real buzz of excitement. We were at my cousin's in Tottenham and my uncle asked what the comic is about and I answered "it's about the future." He flicked through it and looking at Flesh he said "but how can it be about the future, dinosaurs are in the past?" I hadn't read any of it yet so had no answer. I'm still trying to work it out.  ::)

Colin YNWA

5 with what I'm pretty certian was my brothers copy of issue 1. I do wish I could remember what I made of it back then as knowing the stories that were in it at the time as I do now I think it must have been pretty mind blowing for a 5 year old kid. It would seem I've never fully recovered!

WoD

Bought #1, missed #2 (damn newsagent) got #3 and then stopped until around #320...

TordelBack

First actual bought was Prog 291, age 11, started buying full-time from Prog 309 a few months later.

Richmond Clements