Main Menu

When did you all stop reading 2000AD?

Started by doc0, 24 March, 2004, 11:51:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

doc0

(Sorry if this has been asked before). I kinda stopped reading around the age of 16 (1986) and wasn't lured back until prog 2000. From what I've read online seems a lot of people stopped reading in the early nineties - was it because of your age or the quality of the comic?

d0

Matt

I haven't stopped in the 20 years I've been reading. Well apart from Valkeries didn't read that. Oh and Dry Run, Below Zero, Urban Strike, Thargs Dragon Tales, Millars RoboHunter.....

stront692

it was lack of cash that i stopped reading but i hjavent got the meg recently since charleys war finished

thats the first time that i have made a decision to actually stop, as opposed to just drifting away when i was 17 until i was 21 or 22

Dounreay

Never. Never ever. Since Prog 1. Smug grin!

Dudley

I stopped getting it when I was about 9 or something (at the start of the "Golden Age"!), came back to it in the low 700s ("The Crap Era"?), and haven;t really drifted off since, though while I was going through serious post-student poverty I did read it in the newsagents for a while.

maryanddavid

charleys war hasent finished in the meg yet,has it?
never stopped reading once i started,i celebrated my 1000th prog last week
david

Wake

I stopped during my sixth form around prog 450 because the newsagent had missed a couple of recent issues and I thought it was time to grow up and stop reading comics.

Of course I later discovered that adults read comics too, and restarted reading at prog 800 during my postgrad years.

Wake

Grant Goggans

Never stopped, apart from the Diamond distribution nightmare of 1994.  Thank heaven for mail order!

--Grant

UZI 4U

Read as a kid from prog 1,drifted away about 11 yrs old and Grud do I wish I'd saved those progs!
Rediscovered in the mid 80's,stopped again round about the time of Feral , what a load of bollox that was!
Started again about 7or 8 years ago. Not as good as it was in the 80's though.
 Jim

Scottiepunk

Never. Never ever. Since Prog 1. Smug grin!

Me too.

PSI

Stopped reading it when I was about twelve. Bowed down to pressure from those around me to "grow up and stop reading that rubbish", much to my shame.

philt

never since prog 4 (slightly less smug grin) - thought about it twice though - during after the Judge Dredd story "what if the Judges did the ads" and when Revere was in it....

wrighty47

1982. Can't remember which issue but I know when coz it was when I left school and entered the realms of the unemployed. Still bought occassionally but didn't return on a every issue basis until just after Rebellion took over.

Alan!

Something Fishy

i stopped in 91, after starting Uni and being very hard up.

Systematic

I have never stopped simply because I only started reading the comic a few years back. Is that a sneaky answer?:) This is also my very first message here so hello. Nice board.