Main Menu

New Comic Book Day Megathread

Started by The Adventurer, 08 March, 2012, 09:36:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 21 December, 2016, 01:07:52 PM
There was some discussion of the lack of Copperhead in 2016 well IT'S BACK!

Issue 11 is listed in Images March solicitations - WAYHEY!

AND They're not like us issue 15 Double WAYHEY!!!!

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Colin YNWA on 21 December, 2016, 01:10:13 PM
Quote from: Colin YNWA on 21 December, 2016, 01:07:52 PM
There was some discussion of the lack of Copperhead in 2016 well IT'S BACK!

Issue 11 is listed in Images March solicitations - WAYHEY!

AND They're not like us issue 15 Double WAYHEY!!!!
'Furiously starts beating one out over the prospect of more Copperhead'

2016 hasn't been all bad after all!

Theblazeuk

Hawkmumbler

Smith

Tjm86

Picked it up in FP Cardiff last week.  Off to a reasonable start.  Interesting to see where it goes and how well Mr Spurrier can play around with the conventions that the original series threw up.

Smith

Spiderman Deadpool #12 was okay for a filler issue.And there is a nice nod or two to Superior Foes.Which is always nice.

Wayward #19 was kinda pointless.Wayward really decayed these past few issue.

Smith

Autumnland #14 is a pretty good ending to this arc.And now we wait for #15,and this being Image,I have a feeling its gonna be a long wait.

Apestrife

The Dark Knight III: Master Race #7
Brian Azzarello, Frank Miller, Klaus Janson & Andy Kubert
Book keeps on doing it for me. Feels like a great mix of DKR and DKSA. #7 was another fun and awesome issue. Bruce's story especially took a really interesting turn. Can't wait to see what it means for the story (which btw, I think will end on a I am Spartacus-ish note). Also great to hear that they'll end it in two issues instead of one, since one of the artists wanted to draw more Amazons vs Kandorians action :)

Unfollow #13
Rob Williams & Mike Dowling
Probably the coolest mystery book I'v read since 100Bullets. Really hope it doesn't explain everything when it the last issue drops. Especially with Rubinstein. Fantastic character. Fantastic book :)

Link Prime

Quote from: Apestrife on 05 January, 2017, 08:19:17 PM
The Dark Knight III: Master Race #7
Brian Azzarello, Frank Miller, Klaus Janson & Andy Kubert
Book keeps on doing it for me. Feels like a great mix of DKR and DKSA. #7 was another fun and awesome issue. Bruce's story especially took a really interesting turn. Can't wait to see what it means for the story (which btw, I think will end on a I am Spartacus-ish note). Also great to hear that they'll end it in two issues instead of one, since one of the artists wanted to draw more Amazons vs Kandorians action :)

I'm getting the (lovely) hardback versions, so won't catch up to number 7 until next week.
Really enjoying this too- difficult to guess where it's heading.

Apestrife

Quote from: Link Prime on 06 January, 2017, 10:41:10 AM
I'm getting the (lovely) hardback versions, so won't catch up to number 7 until next week.
Really enjoying this too- difficult to guess where it's heading.

I was close to getting those, but I'll settle with the issues. Quite fun having those back up stories drawn by Miller as mini:s (only shame they're in the middle of the issue, having to backtrack to read them because I don't want to detach them.). But I'll definitely buy the deluxe version of DKIII. Already owning DKR:LC, DKR and DKSA as Deluxe with a Batman Y1 DLX out next year.

Gotten/getting the DKR 4 part deluxe as well?

Link Prime

Quote from: Apestrife on 06 January, 2017, 11:59:52 AM

Gotten/getting the DKR 4 part deluxe as well?

I was tempted, but alas no- I have it in a couple versions already- getting too sensible in my old age!

Pegasus P Artichoke

This week it was just the new issue of Unfollow

Can't praise this comic highly enough

Rob Williams has created something really special in my opinion. Fantastic story with a great cast of characters and it's all hurtling along perfectly

Loved the art in this issue as well perfectly suited

Top notch stuff
We'll give them back their heroes

Colin YNWA

Just finished my latest haul and will be along soon to pester you all with OPINION great big fat ol' OPINION (relating to some of the fine comics mentioned below) BUT I wanted to stop by to make special mention of Lake of Fire 5 fuck me that is comics. There's a comic almost as good in my haul but fuck me this is comics.

Absolutely breathtaking, exilerating, edge of the seat comics. It read like the best action movie you've seen while at the same time was so beautifully aware of the fact it was a comic and nothing else.

Lake of Fire has been a supremely good mini-series and you deserve to read it in whatever format its most accessible to get hold of it in. Stunningly good stuff.

Fungus

Yup, highly recommend Lake of Fire though only half-way through myself. Cheekily flipping through the rest it was clear it gets a bit exciting as it builds... Not an action movie fan but comics can do most things so well. Like this. Amen, Brothers & Sisters!